The Science Fair Is Here!
- Kickoff Assembly/Start is January 7
- Registration Deadline is February 1: Click here to register
- The Fair begins February 4.
- Pizza Party February 4!
The Science Fair is an opportunity for students at all grade levels to learn about the scientific method and participate in a fun experiment or project.
Kindergarten, First and Second Grades:
- Experiments, project, demonstration or science observation
- Traditional tri-fold poster, poster board, or slide presentation
- Can choose to be interviewed
Third, Fourth and Fifth Grades:
- Traditional tri-fold poster or slide presentation
- Scheduled interview
Experiment vs Project
- Uses scientific method
- Can be repeated and results compared
- Demonstration, observation, model
- Explains a science concept
Both experiments and projects should be fun! Both are important! They are student led in both cases, and do not need to be expensive or extravagant.
The Scientific Method
These steps must be identified on 3rd-5th grade boards:
- Further Investigations
Zoom Interviews with adult volunteers will be scheduled during the day on February 5th. Interviews are a chance for students to share and teach what they have discovered. These interviews will be brief and relaxed. Come ready to show off your awesome work!
Scientific method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQBZbinoOrI